Saturday, June 8, 2013

Zinnias


Sometimes I'll share my garden failures. But it's way more fun to share garden successes. I've been able to grow so many more things since having my own garden in the ground at our almost 3 year new house.

I had a client who grew beautiful Zinnias last year. So I decided to try some myself for the first time. Back in Feb I bought 4 packs of different Zinnia seeds. In March I sowed them in 4" pots because I was afraid they'd get lost if sowed directly in the garden. They got to be about 3" tall in a month, tall enough to plant in the garden. Now in June the taller growing varieties are 2' tall and gorgeous! I look forward to many more flowers throughout the summer.

I never had good luck with seeds before. What a difference some ground makes!

No comments:

Post a Comment