Friday, August 30, 2013

The Dog Days Of Summer





I haven't posted in awhile or so because we finally got to the "Dog Days" of summer.  That includes temps up to 105º!  I spend my precious mornings working in other people's gardens.  Gotta make a living.  When I get home it's too freakin' hot to go outside!  I wait to hand water my whole yard(takes me 1 1/2 hrs) until evening.  This means I can't really do anything in my own garden but water!

What is blooming its head off in my backyard vegetable garden is Garlic Chives.  It was supposed to be regular Chives, the tag said.  But regular Chives have pink flowers and don't grow as big.  I am not the best cook.  But I do cut these leaves and use them in sauce for dipping potstickers/Chinese dumplings.  This plant is about 1 foot across and the flowers are about 1 1/2 feet tall.



And you can see the female praying mantis below that I found while watering this evening(and the fried rose blooms behind it).  I see them most days in my clients gardens. But I've only seen 2 in my garden.

If you enjoy my blog or have a question please comment!  It's super easy to register.  And then I'll know that people read this. Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment