Monday, October 28, 2013

Hummingbird Moth

Sorry that I haven't posted very much lately.  We just got back from a vacation trip to TOKYO, Japan! It was my first time out of the US and it was amazing.  So a lot of October was spent planning the trip and getting someone to water my garden while we were gone(THANK YOU GREGORY & JOEY!).  Now I am working on the 1400 photos we took together on 4 devices(2 cameras and 2 phones) .  It's a BIG job.

Anyway this might not be exotic to you if you live somewhere other than SoCal.  But when we were in Tokyo, near Ueno Park at this one shrine we saw hummingbird moths!  I have never seen one before because we just don't have them in dry SoCal.  


It was flitting about another thing that we don't have in SoCal called a Toad Lily or Tricyrtus which is native to Asia.  I know this has nothing to do with SoCal Gardening.  Just a little exotic interlude!

No comments:

Post a Comment