Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Frankie



Happy New Year everybody!

This wonderful bloom is a rose called Frankie. It it very difficult to find. I admired it for years at rose shows. Two years ago this coming Feb, I finally got cuttings from my friend Darryl. I was lucky enough to root a few and shared them with friends. I planted mine in my backyard and it's blooming today. It has Altissimo in its bloodline so it wants to grow pillar climber-y but can be kept a manageable size.

I used to hate single petalled roses because they look like they're going to fall apart any minute. And sometimes they do. But for me now it's all about those starry stamens. Frankie has those and beautiful glowing color too.

Enjoy this photo as the rose is going to get pruned in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment