Friday, March 14, 2014

Tecoma & Rose Pruning Total


I have this beautiful plant blooming right now. It's called Tecoma stans. The common variety is yellow (I want one of those too). But this orange one is gorgeous! It is sun loving and native to the southern US, Mexico, Central and South America. The yellow variety is said to grow to 25' and is invasive in Florida and French Polynesia. But research says that this orange variety only grows 3-4'.


In other news, I finally finished my rose pruning jobs!!! This is the first year it's spilled into March. That's too late really.  
 My grand total of rose bushes pruned is 2267! 

3 comments:

  1. How are your hands?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen the Tecoma but never knew its name. I am finally getting back to gardening...patio gardening that is after a 10 year detour. Didn't realize how much I missed it.
    Gosh, that is a ton of roses to prune. I agree with Anon, how are your hands?
    blessings, jill
    new follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your concern. My hands are fine. Remember that my pruning began the last week of Dec. So that's 12 weeks of pruning. 12 weeks? Yikes!!!!

      Delete