Monday, January 30, 2017

Sweet Fragrance


Sorry for the lack of posts. I've been busy with rose pruning jobs in others gardens and watching the weeds grow in the rain in my own garden.

My Sweet Olive plant was doing poorly. I only noticed it today because I could smell it walking by on my way to the front yard to do more rose pruning(& weeding). The fragrance is spectacular even if the tiny flowers are not. Funny common name given that the plant is not an Olive at all. Osmanthus fragrans is a tall growing shrub native to Asia. I think the flowers smell like apricots. An evergreen shrub or small tree it grows to about 10' tall in full sun or part shade. Slow to start I never plant them in one gallons. They'll just sit there too long. I always start with a five gallon size.



 If you don't grow Osmanthus fragrans, you should!

Happy gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment