Friday, October 5, 2018

Pearly Bluebush


Back in March(the date on my photo in my phone tells me so) I was walking around the LA County Arboretum in Arcadia and I saw this plant. It was gray with roundy succulent leaves. I like the look of it. It seemed very different and I had never seen it before. I couldn't find an identification tag or sign. So I tore off a little branch and took it up to Frank McDonough who works there. It took him awhile to figure out what it was. But he did and told me the name. I googled it when I got home and couldn't find any mail order sources. San Marcos Nursery grows it. But they're in Santa Barbara and very wholesale. So, I pined for it.


The next time I visited the Arboretum, there was this nice sign saying Maireana sedifolia. It's a drought tolerant plant from Australia. 



Today I was roaming San Gabriel Nursery and spotted some for sale. Yay! But it was in a 2 gal pot for almost $30! Ugh! I like things in 1 gal pots in the $10 range. I tried to talk myself out of it. But I couldn't. I've said this before here. You've got to buy the strange/special/unusual plants when you see them(especially if you've pined for it) because it might not be there next time! So I did! 




In the past couple weeks I've found several plants that I've been hunting for years! Yay! 

Happy Gardening!

2 comments:

  1. My philosophy exactly Aprille - I'd have bought it as well. Mind you, that would not grow in my garden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Selling USA FRESH SPAMMED SSN Leads/Fullz, along with Driving License/ID Number with EXCELLENT connectivity.

    **PRICE**
    >>2$ FOR EACH LEAD/FULLZ/PROFILE
    >>5$ FOR EACH PREMIUM LEAD/FULLZ/PROFILE

    >All Leads are Tested & Verified.
    >Invalid info found, will be replaced.
    >Serious buyers will be welcome & will give discounts to them.
    >Fresh spammed data of USA Credit Bureau
    >Good credit Scores, 700 minimum scores.

    Email > leads.sellers1212@gmail.com
    Telegram > @leadsupplier
    ICQ > 752822040

    **DETAILS IN EACH LEAD/FULLZ**

    ->FULL NAME
    ->SSN
    ->DATE OF BIRTH
    ->DRIVING LICENSE NUMBER WITH EXPIRY DATE
    ->ADDRESS WITH ZIP
    ->PHONE NUMBER, EMAIL, I.P ADDRESS
    ->EMPLOYEE DETAILS
    ->REALTIONSHIP DETAILS
    ->MORTGAGE INFO
    ->BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS

    ->Bulk order will be preferable
    ->Minimum order 25 to 30 leads/fullz
    ->Hope for the long term business
    ->You can asked for specific states & zips
    ->You can demand for samples if you want to test
    ->Data will be given with in few mins after payment received
    ->Payment mode BTC, PAYPAL & PERFECT MONEY

    **Contact 24/7**

    Email > leads.sellers1212@gmail.com
    Telegram > @leadsupplier
    ICQ > 752822040

    ReplyDelete