Saturday, July 6, 2019

Special Tree

If you've been following along, you'll know that in February of 2018 we had to have our probably-as-old-as-our-house Cedar tree removed because it kept getting browner and browner. We were heartbroken to lose that tree. Read my 2018 post here Lost Tree.  But I think that a true gardener will mourn the loss of a plant and then start planning what plant could go in its place.

BEFORE we lost the Cedar tree I was exploring my local under the power lines nursery that shall remain nameless. I was poking around and found a couple 15 gallon trees hidden between some Magnolia soulangeana. I thought it was Michelia champaca. I was excited but had to ask. The employee there who knows me asked his boss and confirmed. I had seen this tree available in another nursery for $250 or tiny trees mailordered for $40. They are desirable because from their fragrant flowers Joy perfume is made. Back at my local nursery I asked to be able to buy one tree. They said no, that they were growing them up for larger containers. I begged and the boss relented and sold me one for $85.00. I brought it home and kept it in its pot in the backyard for 6 months.


So, this is the tree that I planted in our front yard where our Cedar tree was. Michelia champaca is related to the Magnolia. It grows only in warm climates and is native to tropical Asia. There are some of the white version at my beloved Disneyland's Haunted Mansion in Anaheim. And actually the people who name plants recently changed the name from Michelia champaca to Magnolia champaca.  They must have decided they were more than just related.  But I hate it when they change names.  

  

Research says that the tree should grow to about 30' tall and blooms in summer. I've been giving it extra water after that blowtorch weather of 114 we had last year on July 6, 2018. That weather fried some of the top growth. It recovered so I was excited to see its first flower this week. Yay!

































Enjoy your summer.  I just try to stay cool, keep from getting heatstroke and keep my garden watered.  Bring on Autumn! 
Happy Gardening!

7 comments:

  1. I wish I had your skill in tending the garden..... thank you forthe advice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm not sure it is skill. It's just the desire and willingness to fiddle with them and no children!

      Delete
  2. An excellent tree service can perform to deal with a number of different factors in a garden. It can be used to deal with plants and factors around them in many ways.Tree Trimming Service

    ReplyDelete
  3. Selling USA FRESH SPAMMED SSN Leads/Fullz, along with Driving License/ID Number with EXCELLENT connectivity.

    **PRICE**
    >>2$ FOR EACH LEAD/FULLZ/PROFILE
    >>5$ FOR EACH PREMIUM LEAD/FULLZ/PROFILE

    >All Leads are Tested & Verified.
    >Invalid info found, will be replaced.
    >Serious buyers will be welcome & will give discounts to them.
    >Fresh spammed data of USA Credit Bureau
    >Good credit Scores, 700 minimum scores.

    Email > leads.sellers1212@gmail.com
    Telegram > @leadsupplier
    ICQ > 752822040

    **DETAILS IN EACH LEAD/FULLZ**

    ->FULL NAME
    ->SSN
    ->DATE OF BIRTH
    ->DRIVING LICENSE NUMBER WITH EXPIRY DATE
    ->ADDRESS WITH ZIP
    ->PHONE NUMBER, EMAIL, I.P ADDRESS
    ->EMPLOYEE DETAILS
    ->REALTIONSHIP DETAILS
    ->MORTGAGE INFO
    ->BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS

    ->Bulk order will be preferable
    ->Minimum order 25 to 30 leads/fullz
    ->Hope for the long term business
    ->You can asked for specific states & zips
    ->You can demand for samples if you want to test
    ->Data will be given with in few mins after payment received
    ->Payment mode BTC, PAYPAL & PERFECT MONEY

    **Contact 24/7**

    Email > leads.sellers1212@gmail.com
    Telegram > @leadsupplier
    ICQ > 752822040

    ReplyDelete
  4. This kind of looks like it's surely exceptional. These kind of small facts are developed employing big selection involving requirements know-how. My spouse and i like the thought plenty. Tree Cutting Rancho Cucamonga

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unwanted growth can take a tree from being an asset to being a liability. removing small and big trees

    ReplyDelete
  6. But, if it grows too large then you may need to shred it down before it causes any damage to the property. tree removal

    ReplyDelete