Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Happy New Year!

Just a quick pic of my garden to wish you all a happy New Year! I can't believe it'll be 2020! What are your gardening plans for the new year? 

 I have so much work to do. We've had about 5" of rain in the last two months. And even though I have a ton of mulch in my flower beds, the weeds have come up with the rain. And then there's all the rose pruning to do. I did my first pruning job of the season today. But I have so many jobs lined up I usually get to my own roses in Feb. 

I'd like to put a fence around the front garden, just two horizontal PVC slats to delineate our two walkways and maybe two small gates. We live on a corner. Sometimes people can't see the arches we put up over the walkways and they walk through the flower beds to the house. I have Zinnia seeds and Chrysanthemums to order.

 Ooh, today I found Freesia bulbs for 70% off at Armstrong Garden Center. I bought 4 packs and planted them. It's not too late to plant them if you can still find them.

Happy New Year! Happy Gardening!

1 comment:

  1. There are two types of kitchen gardening. The first type takes place in your kitchen and can involve either re-growing veggies from food scraps small vegetable garden

    ReplyDelete