Monday, April 25, 2011

Geranium Red

My favorite color is red. It's beautiful and striking. And what's more beautiful than a red Zonal Geranium! It's actually a Pelargonium. But we all call them Geraniums. Zonal Geraniums are super easy as long as you don't overwater them! Deadhead the spent blooms and cut back in warm weather if the plant gets too big. Feed once in awhile and you'll have color most of the year in SoCal.

Come to the Los Angeles County Arboretum on May 7 & 8 2011, Mothers Day weekend to our LA Geranium Society show and sale. You'll see all kinds of plants you didn't know were Geraniums(Pelargoniums).

1 comment:

  1. I love red too! Geraniums are such hardy flowers, even I can't seem to kill them. They are kind of old fashioned too, but I love them. They remind me of my grandmother.

    ReplyDelete