Monday, May 30, 2011

My Planted Urn

My first post here showed an urn planted at The Haunted Mansion at Disneyland that I wanted to replicate. Urns are usually hefty in weight(cement or iron) and price(hundreds of $$). I found this fiberglass one at Home Goods for $35.00. It was tan and I spray painted it black. I finally found the curly Epiphyllum at Home Depot in Duarte(they didn't have it at several SF Valley HDs) and bought 2. I chose the Coprosma 'Rainbow Surprise' that I already had for the center instead of the burgundy grass that DL had in theirs(and they have since replanted). It was really always about that curly Epi and the urn anyways. I can't wait for the Epi to cascade as it grows. Yay!

3 comments:

  1. It's going to be beautiful! How much care for the curly Epiphyllum?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita? Is that you?

    Epiphyllums are pretty easy. You have some! They like shade though and can burn in the sun. I first bought one and had it in the back yard for a few hours and it burned. I decided that I needed more and went back for 2 more and only found one(was all I needed really).

    ReplyDelete
  3. The more I see the curly Epi. the more I like it. I think it would like climbing up a awning support. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete