Friday, December 12, 2014

December Tiny Bouquet


At last nights SoCal Hort meeting there was a Holiday Arrangement competition. I didn't have a lot blooming since my Mums are almost spent. But I did have two micro miniature roses; Jolly Cupido (red& white) and Cinderella(palest pink). I added some sprigs of variegated Myrtle and put them in a tiny antique bottle. The whole thing is about 3". I joked that you'd need binoculars to see my entry. I tied for the win with another woman. We split the prize basket of wine, sake, chocolate, cheese, etc. I let her have the book The Drunken Botanist by Amy Stewart because I already own it. Yay!

Do you grow tiny micro mini roses? You should. They're way too adorable an great for tiny bouquets. This is now on my skinny kitchen windowsill.

No comments:

Post a Comment